Sunday, January 27, 2013

Two designs for a Room

I have been trying to decide what direction I want to take my lower-level media room towards. On the one hand, I like charcoal grays and rustic furniture with a hint of raspberry. On the other hand, I like pops of color, and I have always been drawn to the colors of the ocean. Also, my favorite color combo is teal and green.

So below are two takes on these mood schemes, if you will. The first, the charcoal gray sofa with rustic accents and a little bit of glamour and berry shades thrown in. What I truly like about this first scheme is that should my mind ever change on the color, it would be easy to switch it up and take it in another direction (what? I would never!)



Media Room 2

Durham Tall Bookcase | Furniture | Ballard Designs / Lounge 2-Piece Sectional Sofa / Tess Chair / Bluestone Coffee Table / Talara Wall Mirrors | European-Inspired Home Furnishings | Ballard... / Talara Wall Mirrors | European-Inspired Home Furnishings | Ballard... / Robert Abbey Bruno Bronze 2-Arm Pharmacy Floor Lamp - #71503 / Venetian Bamboo Leg Table / Talara Wall Mirrors | European-Inspired Home Furnishings | Ballard... / Chevron Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Rug | European-Inspired Home Furnishings... / Robert Abbey Bone Triple Gourd Ceramic Buffet Lamp - #V4144 |... / X-Bench | Ballard Designs


The second one below has the colors I really gravitate towards, but with the furniture carrying the largest dose of color, it would be more difficult to change it up in the future.
Media Room


Celine Cheetah Rug | Ballard Designs / Lounge 2-Piece Sectional Sofa / Durham Cocktail Table / Parsons End Table / Pier One Bamboo Floor Lamp / Robert Abbey Triple Gourd Apple Glazed Table Lamp - #U2372 / Venetian Bamboo Leg Table | Side Tables & Pedestals / Graham Chaise | Ballard Designs / Earnest Horse Art | Ballard Designs / chalkboard at Target / X-
Bench | Ballard Designs / Ballard Basic Custom Pillow Cover 18in | Ballard Designs

What do you think? Any fans of one over the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment