Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hello, Again

Would you believe my dog ate my mouse.. keyboard.. computer? Considering he is only ten pounds we had to take him to the vet to have his stomach pumped and if you're buying that, I have some swampland in Florida you can buy.

Yeah, there really is no way to avoid a faux pas and say, hello, oops I forgot I had a blog and what was my password again? Yeah, moving on. Life happens.

Quite a lot has happened since I was last on. So, like snapshots, in no random order: my dad finished the drywall in the basement and we're just waiting for a professional to come in and mud the basement; I got rid of my old sofa and several other pieces of miscellaneous furniture and cleaned house (not literally, there are still some dust bunnies making friends with the dog); Peyton got her ears pierced; we had Christmas, Peyton's birthday and my birthday. And in February, I lost my grandpa to cancer.  Sometimes the months go by so quickly and you don't notice the days because you're so caught up in the nonsense. That's where I feel I've been, in the nonsense, and I just want to hit "pause" and forget about everything for awhile.

We are here for only a moment, visitors and strangers in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a shadow, gone so soon without a trace. 1 Chronicles 29:15 

We are only passing through.

And like that one scene, I have felt like Alice, falling down the rabbit hole upside down and then flipping over to slowly float down.

So on that note, hello, I'm back, moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment