Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Modern Living Room


I am slowly in the stages of bringing more of a modern design style into my home (very slowly). Over the years I have slowly moved from a more traditional style with glam elements to a more modern style, but I also love aged, rustic things. I guess my style could best be called Rustic Modern, though there is very little of it observable in my home.

In fact, I would say the most modern thing in my house right now is my recently painted chevron wall in the kitchen:

And, while I love it, there is not much else in my house that screams "this is Kelci!!!" So I've been slowly looking to bring peices into my home that bring more of the rustic modern style I like on a small budget. So far, there are only two peices in my house that fit this style: the leather sofa downstairs and the new coffee table:


 Yeah, very exciting, eh? I am by nature a very impulsive person. So I have found that it helps me to have a very clearly outlined plan for getting the look I want. So below, I've put together a moodboard for my living room.


Living Room Moodboard

1. Tali Curtains, West Elm
2. Starburst Mirrors, various, Ballard Designs
3. Olive Green Ovo Table Lamp, Lamps Plus
4. Parsons End Table, West Elm
5. Klyne Sofa, Crate and Barrel
6. Durham Nesting Tables, Ballard Designs
7. Robert Abbey Bruno Pharmacy Lamp, Lamps Plus
8. Sweater Rug, West Elm


Most of the peices are neutral, so, should I change my mind on a whim (I would never!) I can still take this style in any direction. But not country. Never country.

No comments:

Post a Comment