Sunday, December 9, 2012

Color Shot: Gray and Yellow

 


Gray is the perfect neutral. It can truly be paired with anything and look fabulous.  I have been thinking about going with shades of gray and yellow in my media room.  While browsing my daily blog reads, I stumbled across this great inspiration shot.
Better Homes and Gardens
There is an eclectic energy in the image above--a neutral background and bright pops of color grounded by a dark rug and metal accents. So I whipped up a few inspiration peices to help me dream of achieving the look. (I know, I don't really need any inspiration to be more fickle than I currently am...)
Crate and Barrel's Klyne Sofa
Start with a neutral softa--I love how creamy sofas can be jazzed up with colorful pillows. Pillows really work for me--they are the icing on my cupcakes. So speaking of pillows, let's add a little pillow love:



Pillows are: Crate and Barrel's Madeline pillow, Crate and Barrel's Hayward pillow, and Ballard Design's Custom pillow in Haviland Gray.

   
Then, we need to add a couple of slipper chairs in a fun pattern and a set of nesting tables to bring in that iron accent.


 







Leyland Armless Chair, in Asha Pewter, Ballard Designs



 


Durham Nesting Tables, Ballard Designs

 
For lighting, I would bring in these rustic sonces over two white bookcases with the backs painted in Benjamin Moore's Kendall Charcoal paint.



20th C Torpedo Scone Aged Steel, Restoration Hardware
 
Finally, to ground the scheme, lay down a rug:

Tiger's Eye Dhurrie Rug, Shades of Light

I think I need to stop online browsing now... I'm eyeballing my shelves now and thinking they need some white and gray paint....

No comments:

Post a Comment