Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Meet Little Loo

Meet Little Loo. This is the "powder room" in my lower level. She recently got demo'ed a few weekends ago, so that I could test out the new flooring in the bathroom before committing to doing the entire Media Room with the floor. So Little Loo got nekkid.


Since Little Loo was not originally in the initial plans for the Media Room renovations, I am looking to do Little Loo on a budget. So I have done a lot of shopping around at the big box stores (Home Depot, Menards, Lowe's, etc.) and online, and I have selected what I think will be the final pieces in Little Loo.

Little Loo



Threshold Wastebasket Home Light Happao Rattan Weave / 3-Light Brushed Nickel Bath Light-25090 at The Home Depot / Wilton Etagere | Ballard Designs / American Classics Artisan 24 in. Vanity with Marble Vanity Top in... / Reclaimed Wood Shelf + Silver Branch Brackets | west elm / Pfister Jadia Single Control 4" Centerset Bathroom Faucet at Menards / American Classics Artisan 31 in. x 24 in. Wall Mirror in...


  1. This bamboo-like etagere from Ballard Designs had me at "hello."  Ok, so realistically, this item blows the whole budget out of the water, but it is nice to dream.
  2. I finally selected this Hampton Bay vanity fixture from Home Depot when I couldn't find another light I liked. 
  3. I would love to have a round wood mirror, but until I find one I like that fits the space, this mirror from Home Depot is a nice companion to the bath vanity I selected.
  4. I love these rustic shelves with silver branches from West Elm. West Elm can do no wrong.  A trio of these shelves will be nice until I can afford the etagere from Ballard Designs (item #1).
  5. This vanity from Home Depot is contemporary and will work well with the floor I selected. 
  6. One of my pet peeves is a faucet that is too close to the back of the tank. With long fingers, my hands are always hitting the back of the sink when I wash. This faucet from Menards has a waterfall flow so hopefully my knuckles will no longer touch the back of the sink. 
  7. A little texture is a good thing. I have this Target wastebasket upstairs too and it adds a nice little touch of texture.
It will be nice when Little Loo is all dressed up. Honestly, she just might put the rest of my house to shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment