Thursday, May 9, 2013

Take it Outside: Accessorizing the Deck

Now that I have the main furniture pieces selected, I am already thinking of decorating the deck to make it an inviting summer room. Because that's what I do.


Take it Outside


Pottery Barn Malena Outdoor Pillows - Cool / 9 Foot Auto Tilt Umbrella / Set of Three Hailey Metal Nesting Tables - Grandin Road / Square Devon Self-watering Planter - Grandin Road / Classic Pedestal Table - Grandin Road / Rubbermaid Basket Weave Deck Box/Trunk - Dark Brown : Target / Garden Seat with Rings | Ballard Designs / Globe Outdoor Sconce | west elm / Zig Zag Outdoor Pillow - Grandin Road


  1. I need to replace the cheap lights by the back door and garage door-and as soon as I saw these lights at West Elm, I knew I had to have them. 
  2. Every deck needs pillows. and this pillow from Pottery Barn fits my color scheme quite well. 
  3. Some day, I would like a pergola on my deck. Until then, an umbrella is needed for shade. This one from Ballard Designs is quite pricey, but since it has an auto tilt function, it might be worth it to block the shade at any angle. 
  4. Every deck needs plants. This one from Grandin Road is self-watering. The plants will thank my black thumb to stay away from them. 
  5. I am absolutely gaga over this nesting table set from Grandin Road. They are the perfect color. 
  6. Again, perfectly colored, these two garden seats from Ballard Designs are nicely priced and will be good for additional seating, drink and plant placement.  
  7. I have a thing for pillows. Obviously. This pillow from Grandin Road also ties in with the color scheme and lets my love of stripes come out to play. Chevrons no less. 
  8. Another favorite from Grandin Road-this table is easily portable and comes in a rainbow of colors. I could even see it moving indoors! 
  9. Not pretty. But practical. With my selection of uber cushions on the new dining seats I am thinking cushion storage is a must. This is brown, though, and needs to be black. A little Rust-Oleum spray paint may fix that though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment